Monday 17 February 2014

Reviewed by you...Webcasts, are they worth it?

Hi fans! This is another new feature on the blog called reviewed by you. Every few days, I'll do an article looking at a topic. A very deep look into it. Then I will ask you for your view on it. In the comments, tell us what you think. The best ones will be picked to be featured in a future post. Most of the time, it will be goings off in the league. It can be all sorts from ticket costs to which goalie has the best pads. A friend of mine suggested it so credit to him. Our first one is a good one: Webcasts. 

You can't make a game. You have spare time to watch it though, so you simply go on to the home teams website, pay a fee (usually £8) and there you go, with commentary from professionals, you can see the game from the best seat in the house; the commentary box!

But sometimes, they can freeze and even loose signal, which means you've been ripped off. Some of them are good, not fantastic, but good. Others are terrible. So to solve the mystery of which one is best. Heres a look into them and some other talking points of game webcasts.

Hull Stingrays live...an EIHL get together?

In my opinion, I love this one. The quality can be a little below exceptions at times, but you get a good view of the game and the commentary is done professionally because not only do you get to see live Stingrays games, but as the game happens, you also get told what other scores are from around the league as they happen. So it's great for getting running commentary of whats happening in the EIHL, even watching one! Also, its the only webcast in the EIHL that has a timer at the top of the screen and score board so you know whats going on and how long left. Other teams don't have that so well done Stingrays, you probably have the best webcast in the Elite league.http://www.hullstingrays.net/live.php

Giants live...an access all areas pass, almost as good as NHL casts?

Belfast Giants have a really good one. It has great quality a live scoreboard on screen, and it shows different camera angles so you get the best view of whats going on! It may not always work, but if it fails, you can download it afterwards on your device to watch it anytime so your problems can be solved. Great value for money or what? https://giantslive.tv/users/sign_in 

Blaze webcasts...the best commentary team?

I like this one, but it could be better. Registering is a pain as you have to go through loads of processes  to get the actual stream. But once you get it, you will enjoy it. One thing I like is the commentary team. They never complain because they want Blaze to win, they compliment both teams and are never bias! Just general commentators and have lots of laughs too, so the most lively webcast, but the quality isn't too good. Not the best, but certainly not the worst!  http://www.cleancutsports.com/index.php/live-webcasts

Edinburgh Capitals tv... the worst?

I've seen a few Caps webcasts and I must admit that they are absolutely terrible. For a start, I first tried it and when I payed my £8, I needed a plug in but when I downloaded it, it cut me off! A few months later I re-tried it and luckily the plug in woke up, only to be greeted by really bad quality because its all fuzzy and the commentary has a mic issue for sure. Next thing you know, I complain and they ignore you. Also, theres the... you get the picture! My advice would be DON'T waste £8 on this. It needs fixing! 

Steelers TV... Another NHL cast standard?
This one is brilliant! Only started recently but has made good early impact from what I've heard! Its basically the same as Giants Live. Good as NHL, shows different angles, awesome commentary and a good coverage of a game!   

Devils TV, up and down webcast...

Again, I'm going by what I've heard because I haven't yet tried it! But sometimes I hear positive comments on this, sometimes negative. So purchasing it is a little risky but if you do get a high quality webcast, then your lucky.

The weird part? The free ones are better? 

                     
When Nottingham Panthers were playing their pre-season games in Rotterdam and also went to Italy to play in the Continental cup. Both of these games gave FREE webcasts and BOTH were brilliant!! I screen-shoted the end game celebrations (above and at top) and as you can see, the qualities fantastic. It's weird how the expensive ones can be faulty yet theres no problem what so ever with free ones. Confusing! 

So, which one is the best?

Ok, I've narrowed it down to three: (in no particular order)

Giants
Stingrays
Steelers

I can't really decide the best one but out of them three, whats your order? And what's your own personal top three. Tell us in the comments! :)









  

No comments: